Carbonfund.org’s CarbonFree® Partner program supports third-party validated renewable energy, energy efficiency, and reforestation projects in the U.S. and abroad to reduce global CO2 emissions and help hasten our transition to a clean energy future. To learn more about Carbonfund.org and its partners, please click here.
Partnering with Carbonfund.org provides us with the unique opportunity to offset not only with our own business’s annual carbon footprint, but to offer our customers the opportunity to offset the carbon footprint of their construction project for comparatively little additional cost as well. Stay tuned for details on offsetting your construction project with Bennett Group.
LEED-Certified Green Design
Bennett Group is committed to sustainable design and building techniques as a part of our investment in the future, with the highest quality, renewable construction materials. We are qualified to manage the LEED-certified process. LEED promotes a whole-building approach to sustainability by recognizing performance in five key areas of human and environmental health:
- Sustainable site development
- Water savings
- Energy efficiency
- Materials selection
- Indoor environmental quality
As a member of the U.S. Green Building Council (USBGC) and local chapters, Bennett Group participates in the ongoing development of sustainable building practices. We believe that by creating more environmentally friendly buildings today, we will ensure a better tomorrow for us all.
We are registered as an approved general contractor with DC PACE (Property Assessed Clean Energy) Program. DC PACE is a green building finance program which funds 100% of project costs for energy efficiency, renewable energy and water conservation improvements.
Environmental Policy Statement
Bennett Group recognizes the need for everyone in the construction and real estate community to work together to promote sustainable practices. We strive to incorporate these practices in all aspects of the business, from in-office to on the job site.
Bennett Group is committed to lessening its impact on the natural world, and allowing future generations to enjoy it as we do. In support of this commitment, Bennett Group will:
- Encourage sustainable construction and carbon offsetting to clients
- Strive to reduce Bennett Group’s corporate carbon footprint by purchasing carbon offsets
- Continue to promote sustainable certification processes such as LEED, GBI, and Energy Star
- Initiated internal policies related to recycling and energy use in 2008
- Hired a Sustainability Coordinator in 2009
- Developing a Bennett Group Green Strategy for internal operations
- Researching local resources for “Green” products and services
- Forming strategic partnerships to provide energy efficiency retrofit service
- PACE Certified General Contractor